Overview: Polyurethane epoxy flooring
These are monolithic and seamless epoxy flooring systems normally installed at 1/4″-1/2″ thickness depending context of use, expected contact with chemicals, and expected temperature ranges. Tough and can handle the wear and tear imposed by food processing and industrial applications.
Decorative and functional polished polyurethane and epoxy terrazzo systems are very much a favorite for the pharmaceutical, commercial and retail sectors, with other sectors gradually warming up.
Being high density anti-microbial flooring systems with impressive resistance to high heat and chemicals, they are designed to deliver the best in industrial flooring to a number of hygiene-conscious industries.
The polyurethane terrazzo system is designed as a heavy duty decorative floor suited to the pharmaceutical market where the use of aggressive solvents and cleaning agents can attack less resilient floors. The flooring system with the introduction of carbon fibres and copper tape matrix provides an anti-static surface, a prerequisite for pharmaceutical clean room flooring. Stentor has been a market leader in its installation over the years. The resin matrix is laid and cured before the floor is ground using diamond headed grinding equipment, then grouted and polished to provide a smooth decorative finish.
Areas of application
- Meat, poultry, dairy production plants
- Pharmaceutical plants
- Bottling facilities
- Cold rooms and chiller areas
- Food processing facilities
- Waste-water treatment facilities
Features and benefits
- Fast curing – Minimizing production down time-(8-10 hours) for pedestrian traffic and (24 hours) for motorized traffic
- Solvent free
- Extremely high bond strength resulting to minimal maintenance
- Thermal stability; unaffected by freeze and thaw cycles
- High impact and abrasion resistance
- Excellent chemical and slip resistance
- Easily effective cleaning